Monday, April 10, 2006

you live, you learn

so yeah, i took a sort of random "break" from blogging that somehow ended up lasting for 2 weeks. it wasn't planned...i just got amazingly overwhelmed & i suck at dealing with being overwhelmed.

i vaguely remember dealing with it by doing a lot of sleeping.

the week before last i spent glued to the hip of a contractor who was hired to perform a system upgrade at work. a few hours after his arrival i decided that he was husband material (further supported by the fact that he was indeed married) and dedicated the week to creating my little fantasy world, feigning interest whenever he made the odd remark about his wife or children. i mean, he was both geeky AND modest. of COURSE he's married.

[sigh.]

and now he's gone & i'm left writing user documentation, that evil byproduct of system upgrades.

i decided to redirect my energy the following week towards getting ready to go to my first indian/bollywood concert/show with my friend D last saturday. there was much hindi music to digest. many colors of bangles to buy. i grew out my nails. i did my hair. i look totally cute in indian clothes & coordinating accoutrement. (okay, i probably don't, but i felt cute. same difference. shut up.) unfortunately, i didn't meet the man of my dreams at this concert, either.

0 for 2. oh well.

you live, and you learn that many of the good ones are either married or already have marriages arranged for them.

such is life.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

SHE'S ALIVE!!!

My money was on alien abduction...

4/11/2006 6:02 am  
Blogger rachel said...

that may be true. whatever possessed me is oozing out of my nose in the form of snot.

or maybe it's just a cold.

4/11/2006 8:43 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eww. I just finished reading "The Stand" again - don't joke about demonic snot.

4/11/2006 10:38 pm  
Blogger rachel said...

that would explain why i feel like hell.

HA!

okay fine. no more demonic snot jokes.

4/12/2006 8:43 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home