Friday, March 17, 2006

i'm paying attention, really

i'm in south city for a workshop this morning. workshops suck. they suck in a different sort of way than webinars or conference calls.

on the other hand, conferences rock. especially when travel is involved. better food, better venues, and better goofing off can be accomplished at conferences. this, however, is not a conference. it's just your plain, old, run-of-the-mill sucky workshop. suck, suck, suck.

i'm at the best western just past SFO (on south airport blvd., NORTH of the airport). this place is like a glorified motel 6. i imagine they do a lot of traffic school sessions here.

this conerence room is full of mirrored walls. i spotted a guy sitting not too far behind me who, from this angle, looked pretty darn cute. he just got up & walked past me and dammit if that reflection didn't tell a lie.

i wonder if that mirror trick works both ways. everytime i catch a glance at my own reflection, i look like hell.

someone's cell phone just went off & their ringtone is set to speed of sound by coldplay. gotta grab that cd when i get home. i wish someone would call me & get me the hell out of this session. i should've taken a seat in the back.

the people sitting around me seem to be engrossed by the non-stop blabbering of this moderator person. why don't they appear to be as bored as i am? they're making me look bad. (or worse, considering i look like hell to start with.)

i wonder if anyone's caught on to the fact that i'm not actually listening, rather blogging and periodically looking as though i'm fully engaged by smiling at the moderator & nodding my head. i hope she doesn't ask me a question. god, that would suck. i don't even remember what the name of this session is.

hmmm...should've grabbed an extra croissant at the breakfast bar and put it in my purse for later. is that ghetto?

i think i'll check my fastrak balance now. the idiot transponder never beeps when i cross the san mateo bridge. damn thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home