Tuesday, April 11, 2006

the gadgets are out to get me

it's a conspiracy.

yesterday morning, my laptop decided to make friends with some malware and i spent the greater part of last evening trying to extricate the evil bastard. no amount of process-killing and registry crap-deleting seems to help. i may need to hold an exorcism at my house this evening. all are invited.

my ipod, connected to my machine at work yesterday, decided it would randomly go into "disk mode" and won't respond to manual resets. after disconnecting the unruly ipod, my machine decided to slow to an evil crawl. it's quite obvious that the two must've been in cahoots.

and to be an absolute shit, my treo keeps resetting (HARD, instead of the kinder, gentler sort of reset that doesn't upset me as much) every time i try to open files through documents to go. it just goes to figure that one of the files i'm trying to open is a blog entry that i started composing eons ago. lord knows what type of brilliance has been lost to the annals of my treo's memory.

i imagine that at some point, the word will spread around my household and the microwave & washing machine will conceive some evil plot to kill me dead.

i better watch my steps.

UPDATE 9:44 PM - i think the malware problem is under control. hopefully. the exorcism was called off in the nick of time. and my ipod finally responded to a manual reset. took more than one, though, because after that first one, it said i had ZERO songs and only 11GB (out of slightly less than 40GB) left of space. after about the fourth half-ass reset, i see music. gotta load the latest ricky gervais podcast.

1 Comments:

Blogger rachel said...

you obviously aren't aware of my priorities: fuck the work pc. i can always work at someone else's desk.

4/11/2006 4:37 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home