Monday, February 20, 2006

oh yes, i remember it well. sorta.

it was nine years ago.

we were at city hall. my best friend & her fiancé were about to get hitched. i was already getting kinda weepy, and the judge hadn't even started his spiel yet about "taking person A to be the person B's lawfully wedded so-&-so."

i looked at them standing there, about to take their vows, and i started to cry.

they looked at me and started laughing.

i looked at them laughing at me and started to sob uncontrollably.

they looked at me again and this time, started cracking up.

the judge waited for all of us to regain composure, finished his spiel and pronounced them person A & person B, signed the marriage license, and we left city hall.

as we exited the building, i pulled out a bag of rice krispies i had stashed in my purse and threw handfuls of dry cereal at them as we headed for the car.

they laughed at me some more for crying.

then we got in the geo metro & went to chevy's.

a good time was had by all.

the end.

4 Comments:

Blogger Shawn said...

That is so sweet! I may have to steal the rice krispies idea. Cute and good for the birdies!

2/21/2006 2:25 pm  
Blogger rachel said...

and you can make rice krispies treats with the leftovers...it's a win-win!

2/21/2006 4:47 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

..and thus the two Russian immgrants wed and will eventually live happily ever after, vowing never to wear matching outfits again.

Maybe 4 people in the world will find that one funny =D

2/23/2006 3:04 pm  
Blogger rachel said...

1 of 4 people in the world wish you would send me a copy of that picture because i can't find my copy anywhere!

dammitalltohell.

2/23/2006 7:12 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home