Monday, February 06, 2006

given the choice, cold beverages are now okay with me

i took one of my better stainless steel starbucks commuter mugs out of storage over the weekend because i got tired of my coffee/tea/hot beverage getting cold by the time i got to work, a whopping 15 minutes away from my home.

there was a reason i put all my metal starbucks mugs way the hell far away from me.

i didn't remember what that reason was until i sat down at my desk when i first got in and took a big swig of burning hot liquid that seared my tongue, the roof of my mouth and part of my throat.

it was great timing for my first meeting of the day, where i couldn't pronounce half the letters in the alphabet, rendering my speech completely unintelligible.

now if you'll excuse me, i'll be searching for an ice cube to suck on to prevent blistering.

or as i just explained to a co-worker, "ah eeh ah i cyoo."

1 Comments:

Blogger rachel said...

i don't know what you're gonna do when i just decide to throw the whole damn cup at you.

you've been warned.

2/08/2006 2:34 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home