Sunday, February 05, 2006

where'd he go?

i went to the cemetery today to see if my dad's headstone has been put in place. and unless i've completely forgotten the spot where he's been laid to rest, it ain't there yet.

you'd think it'd be easy enough to find him. we chose a spot centrally located between a statue, a bench, a tree, and a faucet. carmen sandiego should have it so easy.

but without the headstone, it's hard to figure out which unmarked patch of grass is my dad.

my grandpa's buried in an adjoining section, and all i know is he's somewhere in the middle. i can walk down every single row and never see his grave. i swear he's hiding from me. it's like trying to find a needle in you know, a big pile of needles.

okay. it's nothing like that.

but dad & grandpa are obviously conspiring to hide from me.

and once i find them, boy, i'm tagging their locations on a GPS.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home