Wednesday, February 01, 2006

my new game

i came up with a new game for those times that i'm insanely bored out of my skull. it's a single-player game & the rules are simple. it's also a great game if you're a people-watcher.

i've decided to call my game:

Is He Gay?

i played my first round last sunday, singling out a guy in a crowd who i thought could be gay.

just in case you're wondering, i decided it would be too hard to play this game using females and having to decide whether or not they're lesbians. plus, if i play the game right and find out the guy i've chosen is, in fact, 1) GAY and 2) available, then i might be able to set the guy up with one of my single gay friends. i wouldn't be fulfilling my obligation as a fag hag if i didn't at least try.

unfortunately, the results of my first round were inconclusive. i blame it all on the guy i picked. he caught my eye because he sorta resembled joaquin phoenix (and okay, honestly, i thought he was cute so it was easy to stay focused on him). but really, i swear he could've been gay.

he had on a pretty stylish jacket, but he paired it with jeans and a t-shirt. i wasn't sitting close enough to examine the state of his t-shirt. food stains are a dead giveaway for a straight guy. the jeans were average, nothing to write home about. not too tight, not too loose.

he was clean-shaven, but his hairstyle was questionable. i'm unclear on the gay hairstyle. i mean, i've seen this guy's hairstyle on gay men, but a gay hairstyle alone does not a gay man make.

anyway, without trying to look any more like the freakish gawker that i was, i tried to shift in my seat without displacing the person in the chair next to me to get a good look at his shoes. i was hoping for a nice pair of polished kenneth coles. i needed a sign.

i got sneakers. sneakers? what the hell? damnitalltohellandback.

so like i said, my findings were inconclusive. but overall, he was cute, not too shabbily dressed, and he had a nice haircut (gay or otherwise).

i give him a B+. (points deducted for the sneakers.)

(okay, that wasn't actually the point of my game, but i needed to feel like i accomplished something.)

3 Comments:

Blogger Brady said...

I think your game is OK unless I become a target. I have a stylish haircut, wear dress shoes with jeans frequently and toss on a blazer to top it off... no stains on my shirts...

2/02/2006 6:48 am  
Blogger acw said...

B+? What the heck does that mean? Does A = gay and F = straight? I'm so confused.

2/02/2006 9:44 am  
Blogger rachel said...

yeah, so i've learned that i pretty much suck at my own game and until i change the rules or find better targets, i won't be playing it for a while.

so bl, nothing to worry about.

maybe i'll percentages of gayness in the next version of the game.

2/05/2006 10:36 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home