Saturday, January 28, 2006

nothing to say

i received a call from my niece thursday nite to tell me that there's a meeting saturday morning at her church for kids preparing for confirmation with their godparents. she's the kid, i'm the godparent. (no really, that's not a joke. shut up.)

had my father not died three three months ago, thus causing my half-sibs to revert to being a group of useless assholes, i wouldn't have thought much of this phone call from the spawn of one of the evil kin.

but considering i haven't heard from the useless assholes for the same three months, i'm doubting that when i arrive at my brother's doorstep tomorrow to pick up my niece, i will be received with a hug and a smile.

maybe i'll just stop the car in front of the house and honk the horn. a honk & lurk maneuver.

i've actually got nothing to say to any of my half-sibs, although i've had several confrontations with them in my head where i'm wielding a heavy, blunt object.

is that bad?

you're right. stick with the honk & lurk.

4 Comments:

Blogger Toni said...

ok, i swear i'm not stalking you, but your blog's a good read. could totally relate and lol along with your gripes over pinoy-laced idiosyncracies. (the bits about mass had me on the floor -- i went to a flip-ish mass last week presided over by priest with a deep voice and thick accent "piss be wid jew". i swear he said something about jews. hmm, confusing.) sad news about your father, esp since my grandmother just died, and i am looking forward to all the fun we'll have at our 40 day party, er, prayer. and i totally agree with this 'would of'/'could of' business. almost as bad as 'supposingly', 'supposively', and 'supposable' (i'm from jersey, so these infractions are commonplace)

1/28/2006 5:14 am  
Blogger Pee Wee said...

You're right, the honk and lurk will be good. But carry a hammer just in case......

1/29/2006 7:30 pm  
Blogger Brady said...

Hope Sunday went well. Sorry to hear about your father's passing...

1/30/2006 4:39 am  
Blogger rachel said...

toni: me & my cousins had a righteous light-saber war at my dad's 40-day...after the rosary, of course. piss be wid jew.

pwa: i forgot the hammer, but i had easy access to rocks just in case things got ugly.

bl: thanks! it gets easier every day to cope. :)

2/01/2006 5:15 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home