Thursday, April 20, 2006

grown-up car

{read with whiny undertone} i wanna buy a new car. i wanna, i wanna, i wanna.

a new, shiny car with all sorts of gadgety, electronic crap.

a grown-up car.

my friend K bought a new acura RSX (of the brand-spankin' variety) a few weekends ago and she asked me to tag along with her to the dealership knowing full well i'd be drooling over my current grown-up car of choice (and wanton need), the acura TL.

the TL's got a shitload of cool, gadgety electronic crap and it's a real looker, too. but i just can't see myself paying $40,000 (msrp + shitload of cool, gadgety electronic crap & v6 trim level w/ nav) for a car.

and the entire time i was at the dealership with K, leaving smudged noseprints on every TL they had out on the lot, NOT ONE SALESPERSON asked if i needed help or even asked if i maybe just wanted to take a closer look at one. THE BASTARDS. perhaps it's a sign that i'm still not grown-up enough for my grown-up car of choice.

{again, read with whiny undertone...and this time, picture me stomping my foot down a few times} but i AM grown-up. i am, i am, i am.

yeah.

anyway, not really sure how to proceed. the TL is a little out of my price range to keep car payments close to what i've been paying on my nearly paid off '01 accord v6, given its trade-in value & the amount of money i feel comfortable putting down for a new car. i've decided my other options are to look at:
unfortunately, i don't like the body style of the current accords and i don't like knowing that someone else's ass has broken in the seat of my grown-up car of choice. (and no, i'm not giving up the navigation system.) i'm picky, i know. but i want what i want.

so somebody tell me what to do. and if i don't like your advice, i'll ignore it, because that's the grown-up thing to do. (you might also call it being passive-agressive. whatever. same difference.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home